The 2023 conference was a success – and very well attended. APG’s Jim Anthony participated on the Market Insight Panel and here are some of the key takeaways:
- Industrial remains a leading asset class, in line with Multifamily, due to the industrial sector’s growth and net absorption.
- Industrial developers are still in tough competition for land with apartment developers.
- It was remarkable to see the consistency across markets – from Richmond to Montgomery – reporting low vacancy rates and rising rental rates.
- I-95, although a hot industrial market, is not as hot as I-85.
- The greatest hurdle across all markets is megawatts – the lack of availability.
Jim Anthony weighs in….
“I know everyone in the room understands that we are never going to solve our electrical grid needs with solar panels and windmills. We all should be advocating for the new nuclear technology, which is incredibly efficient and manageable, unlike what was being used 50 years ago.”
“I am excited about the fact that we live in the corridor that everyone wants to move to. I am very sorry for the locked down, defunded police cities across America as their loss is our gain.”
Other big opportunities in your area in the next twelve months?
“Save up your cash and buy up empty office buildings, convert them into anything else.”